General Visitor Information and Guidelines
- All visitors must be screened for Covid-19 at the reception desk in the lobby prior to entry into the facility. If you are feeling ill do not visit. Any individual not passing visitor screening or exhibiting signs and symptoms of Covid-19 will not be permitted entry.
- Visitors visiting in designated areas are not required to be vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to entry. However, vaccination is encouraged. Lynbrook Restorative Therapy and Nursing requires, per New York State Department of Health Guidelines, that Visitors be tested prior to visiting. Visitors are encouraged to seek their own testing, but if you need assistance with testing, please speak to the receptionist. The facility will ask that you either provide printed test results from a healthcare provider (testing center, doctor’s office, pharmacy, urgent care, etc.); or that you present the facility with the negative rapid antigen test that you completed either on-site or at home within the specified time frame. This test should be presented in a plastic bag and labeled with the name of the individual and the date it was performed. Rapid antigen tests must be done within one day of the visit, and PCR tests must be done within two days of the visit.
- This facility allows general visitation and is permitted for any resident at any time. Please stop by our bakery for a complimentary refreshment, however, seating at this time is discouraged to allow for social distancing.
- Visitation for residents in quarantine is permitted but must take place in the room. Prior to visiting in a quarantine room, see the nurse for instructions. There are also certain risks associated with visiting residents who are on quarantine. If you wish to still visit, we can provide you with additional information and answer questions.
- There may be other circumstances where we may also ask that you refrain from visiting in the room due to the health status of another resident. We ask that you are understanding of these circumstances if they arise.
- If visiting in a room where a roommate is present, you should not visit within 6 feet of your loved one’s roommate.
- Visitation is encouraged, but when visiting we ask that you go directly to the resident’s room.
- Although community rules regarding Covid-19 may have been relaxed, particularly for vaccinated individuals, keep in mind, facilities such as ours are held to a higher standard of infection control and safety. At all times:
- Prior to the visit, frequently throughout, and upon completion of the visit, perform hand hygiene utilizing hand sanitizer, located throughout the facility
- Throughout this facility, you must keep a mask on over your nose and mouth. Masks and appropriate PPE may be obtained at the reception desks and nursing stations.
- When community transmission rates are substantial to high, visitors and residents must remain masked and physically distanced throughout their visit, regardless of their vaccination status.
- Maintain physical distance from all residents and staff.
- Immediately notify the facility if you test positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of your visit.
- If this facility is in an outbreak, there are potential risks of visiting. Please ask the receptionist or nurse if we are in an outbreak. If you wish to still visit, we can provide you with additional information and answer question. Outbreaks are announced through robocalls. If you are not receiving robocalls, and want to be added to our robocall list, please let the receptionist know.
- Please be advised that any visitor not adhering to the core principles of infection control will be restricted from visitation.
We truly wish we could offer you more hospitality, however, we must adhere to practices to ensure our residents’ safety.